Tuesday 10 May 2011

all the blood in my veins radio play

Synopsis
The play is about the story of Viola, a fourteen year old girl, with responsibilities beyond her age.

The play introduces the family and the main character and then follows her through her everyday life. They use monologues to further explain what is going on and show the main characters feelings.

This helped me with my play as it showed a radio play about a problem family with a teenager who has to take on responsibility early.
Natural dialogue makes it more realistic and believable. It is a Family situation and could help develop my play.
The play would evoke sympathy in the audience when hearing about her life. It contains Teen friendships and relationships.


Technical elements

·        The use of telephone voice is a good idea to use.
·        The transitions show the passing of time.
·        The use of music to further the emotion
·        The use of monologues explains how she feels in the situation And helps established characters.
·        Good use of microphone to show the distance between characters.
·        Also the change in frequency means that you understand that you are on the phone.
·        Use of sound effects to make transitions is effective.



 This play links to my play because it shows the problems of a teenager in her personal life.
Also, her responsibilities at a young age like in my play.
The characters will help me develop my own because it shows teenagers in real life situations.  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vy37d