Thursday 13 January 2011

considered names for play

When thinking about a name for my radio play my initial idea was the title unexpected. 
I considered this as she finds out that she is pregnant and never expected to be.
This would sum up the attitude of most teenagers in that they don’t think things will happen to them specifically.

I then came across a TV show in my research called Tales of the Unexpected.
This then led me to consider the title Tales of the Expected.
This is one of my options and I ma considering using it.
In today’s society you expect to see teen pregnancies. It is an expected part of society and is seen on the new, in newspapers and on the streets. The word expected in the title emphasises this.
The word tales can be used as the play follows the main female characters life while she is pregnant and you hear the events that happen to her.
As it is going to be a mix of first person and third I think the name works well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_the_Unexpected_(TV_series)